After urging young people to stay in school it was pointed out to me that Oregon is at the forefront of educational reform. It's truly an amazing feat considering that the state ranks 49th in class size.
I was reminded of how our schools are preparing young people for the 21st century when I went to the post office the other day (mail delivery to the Plasticave is spotty, so I opt for a PO Box) and found a notice that there would be shorter hours at my branch. This was all part of USPS modernization and cost reduction efforts because of the 2.8 billion dollar deficit last year.
Now, over in McMinnville, Oregon, they've decided to recreate a post office to teach kids about writing letters and getting mail. Kids can send and receive missives by addressing their letters and placing them in the mail box. This is a revolutionary in an era when people spend 68 hours on the internet every month, including five and a half hours on Facebook.
It's important that young folks learn these skills: mail delivery is clearly a growth industry. The good folks around here are mighty proud that we're teaching some of our youngins to grow up to be postal workers.
Instead of a fake post office, they could have a fake, drug-dealing school bus like they do in Laredo, Texas.
I hope they're teaching these kids about going postal.
3 comments to "Education stays at the forefront of technology in Oregon"
About this blog
A masked vigilante, the plasticgraduate is a 21st century crimefighter for truth and justice.
He writes from an undisclosed location in the great state of Oregon. There, he wages a lone battle in a world where the natives are bent on the destruction of humanity.
When not eliminating scum from the earth, he lives peacefully with his family in the Plasticave.
Drumroll...for the Blogroll
- The Anti-Tweeting Blog
- Banno, Dhanno and Teja
- The dullest blog in the world
- Everythink I Like Causes Cancer
- Expressions - Bhagwad Jal Park
- Hari Batti's Green Light Dhaba
- Lost Angeles
- Miss Cellania
- Mridula Koshy
- People of Walmart
- The Plum Tree (Vol. 2)
- Sasqui Write Blog
- Sexy People
- Snacks and Shit
- Some Days It's Not Worth Chewing Through the Leather Straps
- The Spaniard in the Works
- Stop Making That Duckface!
Other Blogs & Stuff
- November (7)
- Spooky happenings at the Plasticave
- Socialist government healthcare plan offers free p...
- Education stays at the forefront of technology in ...
- Fight to stay in school! It's educational
- The Vanity internet smackdown: Google vs. Bing
- Arrrgh! Landlubber tongue remains official state l...
- Still no work...crimefighting being outsourced to ...
- Yer nothin' but an English speakin' cur!
- September (11)
- August (2)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- January (1)